Posted 12th November 2021
It’s not hard to see why. Using Gmail to email colleagues and clients, Google Drive to store files and Google Docs to create documents, businesses can easily power their business from this integrated platform.
At E-Sign, we know that every business has its own unique ways of working, especially when it comes to the applications and software they use. These days, there’s a plethora of business applications on the market… and we want E-Sign to be able to work with them all. That’s why we’ve made it easier to use our e-signature solutions with the Google suite, both within the platform and by adding automation with Zapier.
If you use any of the Google apps during your document processes, we’ve made this guide especially for you. Let’s take a closer look at how E-Sign can work together with Google.
If your business uses Google Docs to create documents, then you’ll no doubt want to start with how to e-sign a document with Google and E-Sign. That’s why we’ve put together this step-by-step guide on how to electronically sign your Google Doc.
1. On the E-Sign platform, click on ‘New Signature Workflow’. This will get you started on your document signing journey.
2. You’ll have the option to pull a document from your library, your device, Dropbox or Google Drive. Click on ‘Google Drive’ to connect the E-Sign platform to your Google account.
3. Once you’ve clicked on Google Drive, you’ll then be asked to log into your Google account using your existing Gmail details. Once you’ve entered your details, you’ll may be asked if you want to let E-Sign access your Google account. Click ‘Continue’ to allow.
4. Simply click on the document you want to upload and sign. This will open the document in the E-Sign platform and allow you to E-Sign and add other features as required.
5. Here you can add the title of your document, attach any additional attachments, choose the language of your signed certificate and also add an expiry date for your document.
6. In the same section, you’ll also be asked to enter the information of your signer/signers, as well as add yourself as a signer. You can add the information manually or pull it from your address book.
Here you can also add the option to password protect your documents or add Two-Factor Authentication by clicking ‘Send Pin via SMS’ to add an extra layer of protection. You can also choose to send automatic reminders to your signers.
7. Further down, you can add the title of the envelope, the email subject, as well as personalise the contents of the email that will be sent to your signers. Once you’ve filled in all information, click ‘Continue’ to view your document.
8. Here, you can view your entire document and add editable elements, as well as electronic signatures. Once you’re happy with your document, click ‘Continue’. Let’s take a closer look at what you can add to your document.
All of these elements can be dragged and dropped onto your document, enabling you to construct your document as you want. You also have the option to save your document as a template, where it will be added into your library to use and edit at a later date.
9. Once you’ve clicked continue, you’ll then have a chance to view the recipient again before you send it. Click ‘Confirm and Send’ to proceed.
So that’s how you e-sign and send a document with E-Sign and Google. Your signers will receive an email straight into their inboxes. In just a few clicks they’ll be able to view and sign your document. If you’ve added a password, you’ll need to send that over in a separate email. If you’ve opted for SMS authentication, E-Sign will automatically send a text to their mobile number.
To make life simple for your clients, we’ll never ask them to make their own E-Sign account. They can fill in, e-sign and return your document without ever logging into the platform. E-Signing is really that simple with E-Sign.
Adding automation into your digital process can help take your workflows to the next level, allowing you to cut out manual steps that would otherwise take time out of your day. We understand that automation isn’t always accessible to the average business; it normally requires specialist coding knowledge.
Here at E-Sign, we want to make automation a lot easier and accessible- and ensure that businesses of all types and sizes can benefit from sophisticated digital workflows. That’s why we’ve added connectors such as Zapier onto our platform.
Zapier is a software that makes automation easier. Instead of using coding or APIs to set up workflows, you can use Zapier to create what’s called a zap; easy, pre-set automations that have a trigger, action, and mapping field.
Using pre-set triggers and actions, you can easily add automation to your document processes in Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs and Google Sheets.
Zapier offers a range of integration capabilities with some of the most popular Google applications, allowing your business to improve its workflow and process efficiency. To view the whole range of triggers and actions for E-Sign and Google, you can visit Zapier.
We’ve also pulled together a summary of some of the most helpful and popular integrations here:
With Gmail and E-Sign you can automatically…
With Google Sheets and E-Sign you can automatically…
With Google Drive and E-Sign you can automatically…
With Google Docs and E-Sign you can automatically…
With Google Message and E-Sign you can automatically…
With Google Contacts and E-Sign you can automatically…
Thanks to our pre-set automations, integrating your E-Sign and Google accounts is simple. With the ability to truly tailor your automation to suit your workflow, E-Sign can help you optimise your efficiency, boost your productivity, and save you and your employees valuable time. To find out more about our connectors, you can visit our website here.
If so, then E-Sign should be at the top of your list. We’ve ensured our digital tools and electronic signature can integrate smoothly into your existing Google processes. Try our 14-day free trial today and discover the power of E-Sign for yourself
The key to good workflow is optimum efficiency. E-Sign allows staff to work their core job more productively, utilising streamlined secure document processes.
Spend less time on administration and traditional paper-based expenses. Save on mail and associated expenditure.
With instantaneous delivery and rapid, secure authentication, there’s no need to wait days for document turnaround with E-Sign.
With the new carbon counter on our platform, see exactly how many trees you have saved by using electronic signatures.
E-Sign is a leading provider of digital transaction management solutions, supplying professional services including Electronic Signatures, Web Forms, ID Checker, Verification Tools, Personalised Emails, API and Payment Processing to businesses of all sizes across the UK.
To find out more about our E-Sign solutions and how they could transform your business, get in touch with us today.